Last updated 07 April 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Service Robotics Ltd (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the GenieConnect® service on its Companion Applications on mobile devices or the Genie Robot as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile GenieConnect® Service or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “GenieConnect® Service”). You agree that by accessing the GenieConnect® Service, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all these Terms and Conditions Use. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THESE TERMS and CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM USING THE GENIECONNECT® Service AND YOU MUST DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the GenieConnect® Service and applications from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the GenieConnect® Service after the date such revised Terms are posted.
The information provided on the GenieConnect® Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Service Robotics Ltd to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the GenieConnect® Service from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The GenieConnect® Service is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to register for the GenieConnect® service.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the GenieConnect® Service, you are granted a limited license to access and use the GenieConnect® Service and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the GenieConnect® Service, Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the GenieConnect® Service (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the GenieConnect® Service. You agree to keep your password or other credentials confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password or other credentials. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You may not access or use the GenieConnect® Service for any purpose other than that for which we make the GenieConnect® Service available. The GenieConnect® Service may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the GenieConnect® Service, you agree not to:
1. systematically retrieve data or other content from the GenieConnect® Service to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
2. make any unauthorized use of the GenieConnect® Service, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
3. use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the GenieConnect® Service.
4. use the GenieConnect® Service to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
5. circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the GenieConnect® Service, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the GenieConnect® Service and/or the Content contained therein.
6. engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the GenieConnect® Service.
7. trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords or other credentials.
8. make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
9. engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
10. interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the GenieConnect® Service or the networks or services connected to the GenieConnect® Service.
11. attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
12. sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
13. use any information obtained from the GenieConnect® Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
14. use the GenieConnect® Service as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the GenieConnect® Service and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
15. decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the GenieConnect® Service.
16. attempt to bypass any measures of the GenieConnect® Service designed to prevent or restrict access to the GenieConnect® Service, or any portion of the GenieConnect® Service.
17. harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the GenieConnect® Service to you.
18. delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
20. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, malware, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the GenieConnect® Service or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the GenieConnect® Service.
21. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “PCMS”).
22. except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the GenieConnect® Service, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
23. disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the GenieConnect® Service.
24. use the GenieConnect® Service in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
25. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any content that will or may cause Denial of Service to the GenieConnect® Service by any users.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The GenieConnect® Service may invite you to video and audio chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the GenieConnect® Service, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the GenieConnect® Service and through third-party GenieConnect® Services with your permission. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. your Contributions do not violate any ENGLAND AND WALES or International law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
13. your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the GenieConnect® Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to archive, store, cache such contributions for operational reasons.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all your Contributions and any intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the GenieConnect® Service. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the GenieConnect® Service and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the GenieConnect® Service; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the GenieConnect® Service to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity/service being reviewed; (2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language; (3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability; (4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity; (5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews; (6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; (7) you may not post any false or misleading statements; and (8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSE
Apple and Android Devices
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the GenieConnect® Service (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
We do not allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in the GenieConnect® Service.
GENIECONNECT® SERVICE MANAGEMENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the GenieConnect® Service infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us at email@example.com. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the GenieConnect® Service infringes your copyright, you should consider first seeking legal advice.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the GenieConnect® Service at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our GenieConnect® Service. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the GenieConnect® Service without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the GenieConnect® Service.
GENIECONNECT® SERVICE AND EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS
For the reasons given in the preceding clause, it must be understood that the communications services provided as part of the GenieConnect® Service are provided on a best endeavors basis and while Service Robotics Ltd aim to provide the highest levels of reliability this may not always be possible due to circumstances outside our control or due to system updates or maintenance. The service is therefore not to treated as or relied on for calling emergency services. By your use the GenieConnect® Service you acknowledge and accept this limitation of the GenieConnect® Service and hold Service Robotics Ltd blameless in the event of any failure in this regard. Service Robotics Ltd recommend users of the GenieConnect® Service to always have alternate means available of calling the emergency services.
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
The number of arbitrators shall be three.
The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London, England.
The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England and Wales.
There may be information on the GenieConnect® Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the GenieConnect® Service, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the GenieConnect® Service at any time, without prior notice.
THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY GENIECONNECT® SERVICES LINKED TO THIS GENIECONNECT® SERVICE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE, ANY HYPERLINKED GENIECONNECT® SERVICE, OR ANY GENIECONNECT® SERVICE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the GenieConnect® Service for the purpose of managing the GenieConnect® Service, as well as data relating to your use of the GenieConnect® Service. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the GenieConnect® Service. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the GenieConnect® Service, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the GenieConnect® Service, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE GENIECONNECT® SERVICE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the GenieConnect® Service or to receive further information regarding use of the GenieConnect® Service, please contact us at:
Service Robotics Ltd
Future Space, UWE North Gate, Filton Road, Bristol BS34 8RB
0117 428 5770